Friends from Heritage Christian Services have become a vital part of the life and blessing of the East Rochester United Methodist Church. We work together to share ideas how we can welcome and extend gracious hospitality to everyone.
The best way to make a friend is to be a friend. Weekly opportunities abound!
- Monday & Wednesday mornings: volunteers are welcome to sort textiles donated to our collection site in our lower parking lot
- Tuesday & Thursday at noon: join with Pastor Todd and the rest of us for lunch
- Wednesday morning: gather together for Bible study, lunch, and prayer
- Friday morning: Baking communion bread for Sunday, and, baking other treats as needed. Bring your favorite baking recipe and share your story!
Here are some additional ideas to make new friends!
- Special worship services: join us for day time special services, held in cooperation with our Heritage friends. Keep up to date at: http://www.eastrochesterumc.com/events/
- Office Tasks. Need help with bulletins? Getting out stewardship envelopes? Posting flyers? Have no fear, our friends from Heritage are here! Tasks that are done together encourage deepening friendships.
- Gardening. Who doesn’t like to garden?! Our friends from Heritage love to garden and have offered to join us in tending to our flower gardens out front. We even spoke about possibly creating raised vegetable gardens in the screened in, former playground area. Is there anyone willing to write a grant?
- Fellowship Events. Of course, we’ll welcome friends from Heritage just as we would any other friends to all of our church social events, fund raisers, crafts/table games, and gatherings. This is what friends are for!
Our own Judy Hunley is willing to organize church members and friends in these areas of hospitality. If you’d like to make new friends and have a loving heart, give Judy a call (377.0894)!
One last item: Heritage Christian Services staff will be in our lower level each workday, Monday through Friday, from 8 am - 4 pm. Residents will arrive and programs will take place from 9:30 am - 2:30 pm.